Lady code Ninja is a hackathon meet for IT Women employees held in Technopark, Trivandrum as part of the International Women’s Day.
The representation of women in tech is dismally low. To eradicate the gender gap, women coders or programmers need to be encouraged to continue with their chosen career.
Lady Code Ninja-2020 is the second edition of women hackathon targeted at women employees, with an aim to encourage them to take up tech world. The hackathon is live now, it started from February 3rd and will go on till March 15th.
Theme of this year lady code jinja is - "Empower Enable Enact ".
Participants can pick any of the below segment and come up with an innovative technical solution to resolve an existing issue to bring positive impact.
1. Waste management as a business opportunity
2.Cyber risk awareness
3. Smart Technopark - Technopark work place/ work culture improvement
4. Health and wellness
5. Skill development
6. Community policing
7. Government infrastructure development and effective fund utilization
8. Disaster management
Any women interested to participate in this hackathon is most welcome.
We encourage a mix of women skills in each team: design, business development and engineering.
Maximum team size is five members.
Solutions will be judged – on a scale of 1-10 – according to the following criteria:
1. Innovation [uniqueness of idea]
2. Social/Economic Impact
3. Potential to resolve the issue
4. Adherence to design standards
5. Overall Presentation Deck, Skill and handling of Q&A.
The Lady Code Ninja-2020 presentation template is available here.
Teams should use this template for their presentation and should have minimum below topics:
1. The problem (trying to solve)
2. The concept (concept overview)
3. The solution (overall architecture . Demo, if any)
4. Consumer size (Identify consumers of the solution and quantify in simple terms. This should address the different personas of consumers)
5. Uniqueness (Are there other solutions that solve this same problem? what makes yours unique?)
6. Why now (What are the forces driving a solution for this now?)
1. Call for registration and abstract submission opens: February-03, 2020
2. Abstract submission deadline: March-15, 2020
3. Final demo: We will shortly announce
1. The best of the best will win cash prize and certificates
2. Chance to enable your product idea with startup agencies for the betterment of people
Sr System Analyst, USTGlobal, Trivandrum
Cloud Architect, Finastra, Trivandrum
Director, Sharp Skills
Founder Director, Prizite Academy
For enquiries about hackathon, contact us on:
Convener, Lady Code Ninja-2020
Joint Convener, Lady Code Ninja-2020
Convener, Prathidhwani Women Forum